Indeed, the season has us making adjustments to keep ourselves warm and comfortable until spring comes around. But staying warm and comfortable during the coldest months of the year should not be a reason for letting yourself go. This also applies to taking care of your hair and hair extensions.
When your hair and extensions are exposed to the cold, they eventually become dry. That is why we need to maintain a winter hair care routine. However, it is not just about moisturising your hair, as it also involves knowing what colour is best for the season.
Embrace the dark
In the frostiest quarter of the year, hair care experts recommend darker hues. By choosing this, you will limit the number of times you bleach your hair, a process that robs your hair of its natural moisture. With hair having the tendency to get frizzy in winter, bleaching will make it even worse. Instead of going blonde this season, go for dark, trendy hair colours such as:
- Golden-Black Brunette like singer Lizzo’s luscious curls at Bustle’s Annual Rule Breakers Festival in 2019.
- Dark Cold Brew like Crazy Rich Asian’s Gemma Chan’s shoulder-length locks at the Independent Spirit Awards in 2019 or a lighter Cold-Brew like Lily Collins’ simple and straight look at the InStyle Awards in 2018.
- Dark Mahogany like Caila Quinn of The Bachelor fame and her short waves spotted in New York City in September 2018.
- Inky Black like Kim Kardashian’s long waves at the LACMA Art + Film Gala in 2018.
- Rich Red like Zendaya’s glossy red hairstyle at the Spider-Man: Far From Home photocall in July 2019 and at the Emmy Awards red carpet that same year.
- Chestnut Brown like R&B singer Ciara’s hip-length straight hair at the 2019 BeautyCon Pink Carpet in Los Angeles in 2019.
Hair Candy Salon
You can still have shades of blonde and other lighter hair colours in winter, but that means you will have to take extra care of your hair. The best people to help you with your hair goals is our Hair Candy hairdressers Gold Coast. Our team is especially passionate about fulfilling your needs, from applying our premium quality brand of hair extensions to colouring your hair with CPR hair dye. Get in touch to get a FREE consultation today at https://www.haircandy.com.au/.